Re: Fall Legofest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 13:00:50 GMT

Well Tim beat me to it! :) It was really cool getting to visit with Tim, even
though it was only for an hour and a half. Both he and I are very interested
in having a fest in late Oct, but due to that fact that he's going to be in
school and I'm way up here in Maine, neither of us would be able to organize
the event. I'm sure though that if someone can aquire a location, then both of
us would be able to give input into what we would like to see.
I know that most of you have more to worry about than trying to find a
location for a fest, but if you happen to think of a place, then get some
information from them,that way the burden isn't placed on one person.
Well I have to go, but I look forward to seeing a bunch of you in October.

Ryan

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Tim Courtney writes:
Hey everybody,
I've been thinking about the possibility of getting together a large Legofest
for the region.  I know that Chris Maddison is coming the end of Oct (26-29),
and Ryan Dennett (who I met today) wants to come down around that time too.
Brickfest was a blast, and it would be great to see if we could get something
of that size in the Boston area, and get some of the NY and GardenSLUG people
to come up for it too.  Isn't there a Canadian club just north of here too??
If anyone has the facilities or can get the facilities for such a fest, and if
people think that the end of October is a good time, lets hear it!  As soon as
I know what's going on then with me, I'll commit.  I'm sure we can have fun
starting to do NELUG train stuff as we gear up for the December show (that is
on, right?), and if possible get one of those really cool dioramas going • too :)

Ideas?

-Tim