Subject:
Looking for some opinions on the Greenburg Show.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 02:32:18 GMT

Well seeing that I have not been able to bring this up to a majority of members
at a meeting for brainstorming/debate in person I thought I would try and get
something started here because we do need to make a final decision soon and
submit an application.

As most of you know I would like for us to participate in the December 2nd and
3rd Greenburg show in Willmington MA.  You also know that if we do this I would
like us to try and have a minimum 10'x10' table.  After previous discussions I
feel comfortable that we would not have a problem with the LEGO portion of the
setup.  I am slightly concerned about the tables however because they will
require some time and money to produce.  We would also have to have a skirt for
the table.

So that all being said I would like to get some quick opinions about the
following.

1.  In general do you think we can put something together by December that we
can be proud of?

2.  Do you have any concerns about the LEGO portion of the Layout?

3.  Do you think we can create at least 8 40.25"x40.25" tables before the show
and if so can you help for an afternoon/evening or two to get the tables ready?
I would expect materials to run between $150 and $200 which I would hope we
could recoupe most of through an honorarium.

4.  Would you be willing to provide some creations for the show and help
monitor the tables for the weekend.

5.  Do you have any concerns or reservations that I have not thought of?

All opinions are welcome.  I don't want to do this if there is not at least
several of us interested in working together on this.  If we don't do this show
there will be others in the future we can do.

So let me know how you personally feel about doing this.  I won't be offended
either way.

Thanks,

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group