Re: August 5th BBQ!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 00:06:49 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, David Eaton writes:
Wow, did I have fun on Saturday... Saw some great MOCs, had great grilled
chicken, etc.... The only downside was that I showed up for the BBQ on Sunday.
For some ill-gotten reason, I was convinced that it was Sunday, not Saturday.
I still had fun on Saturday, though-- made some prep Lego stuff for the BBQ,
saw great MOCs (online), etc...

I showed up for the BBQ at about half past 1 on Sunday with all my 8 MOCs (5
new 2-level peasant houses, the motorized and improved Mill, my Mindstorms
double shot tank (with remote control!) and the minifig scale piano), some
chips and more chicken for grillin'.

Of course it was awfully quiet when I got there... no other cars... and that
includes Eric's... Without even thinking about it, I went up to the door, and
to my suprise, nobody answered... for several minutes... It suddenly then
dawned on me as I looked at my watch that it was in fact the *6th*-- I had
remembered that it was on the 5th-- Just had the day of the week wrong :(

Anyway... how was it?

Well attendance was lighter than expected as you might have figured out ;-).

We had fun and those that came got to see the semi-secret project I have been
working on (I am going to try and post some preliminary pictures tonight to a
page but if you want a sneak peek look around in this directory).

http://www.thekingsleys.net/nursery/images/

I am working on some better pictures too.  And yes it works.

There was also fun playing LEGO Soccer and "I don't got no trains Tom Duggan"
brought a hugh tub full of train cars that were a big hit and with Steve in
from PNLTC that was fun especially since a few of the cars were copy's of
Steve's.

Anyway because turnout was a little light I will be posting more information
about the Greenburg show which I never seem to get to talk about.  Then we can
take an informal vote so I can get us signed up if we think we can do all that
is needed before the show.

If I had any free weekends between now and when the baby comes I would offer to
do this again but instead I think for me going back to our weeknight meetings
would probably be the best bet.

Talk to you all later,

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group