Re: August 5th BBQ!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 18:54:18 GMT

It's like a bad dream! Noooo!

I once took a 3 hour train trip to a SF convention -- one week early. At least
it was practice with the train schedule.

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, David Eaton writes:
Wow, did I have fun on Saturday... Saw some great MOCs, had great grilled
chicken, etc.... The only downside was that I showed up for the BBQ on Sunday.
For some ill-gotten reason, I was convinced that it was Sunday, not Saturday. I
still had fun on Saturday, though-- made some prep Lego stuff for the BBQ, saw
great MOCs (online), etc...

I showed up for the BBQ at about half past 1 on Sunday with all my 8 MOCs (5
new 2-level peasant houses, the motorized and improved Mill, my Mindstorms
double shot tank (with remote control!) and the minifig scale piano), some
chips and more chicken for grillin'.

Of course it was awfully quiet when I got there... no other cars... and that
includes Eric's... Without even thinking about it, I went up to the door, and
to my suprise, nobody answered... for several minutes... It suddenly then
dawned on me as I looked at my watch that it was in fact the *6th*-- I had
remembered that it was on the 5th-- Just had the day of the week wrong :(

Anyway... how was it?

DaveE