Subject:
For People new to NELUG (was: Re: Age limitations)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 14:03:32 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Josiah Nicely writes:
After reading all 299 some odd posts, my head hurts. I do have one request:
Eric, I know I have briefly discussed this age issue with you ( mostly just
getting backgorund ), and since I am coming into the area the week after next
anyway, would you mind giving me directions to the next ( jul 12 ) meeting. I
would would really like to show up and meet the members of NELUG. I don't
think I want to put an oar in as I would be brand new, but I would definately
like to meet the people behind the scenes there. THanks-- and keep up the good
work. I for one am impressed with how far lego has come in the past few years.
I wish I had at least known about other lego enthusiasts when I was 16-17. Oh
wait, 17 was when I got my head shaved and sent through 13 weeks of hell. I
guess Lego wouldn't have helped me much then. ;P Let me know if it would be ok
to show up there though on the 12th. Thanks

Joe you are more than welcome to come to our meeting on the 12th.

First I would like to say that I know there are going to be a lot of new faces
at the meeting which is exciting and shows there is a lot of passion for the
subject matter being discussed.  I don't want anyone thinking that they can't
speek their mind we have always been very good at listening and discussing
things civally.  While I expect some disagreements during the course of
discussion I don't expect things to get real heated.  Although with so many
people I don't know being there I can't say that for certain.

I think the other Eric, Eric Joslin, posted somewhere buried in this thread
that the best thing to do is to follow the directions to The Construction Site
in Waltham MA.  They have directions on their web site:

http://www.constructiontoys.com/

We will all be meeting their before the meeting.  If you arrive a little late
Just go to The Construction Site and look accross the street and you will see
the Bison County restaurant where we will be having the meeting.  Eric J. has
reserved a room for us there at 7:30.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/