Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 18:48:13 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
[...]
4.  I will consider however changing the age limit (either up or down) to a
solid limit that is not subjective.  (That does not mean I will vote for or
against a change just that I will consider all the issues involved and make
an informed decision.)
[...]

Eeek -- "up or down"? -- was that a typo or do you mean up or down subject
to certain circumstances such as bars?  I hope NELUG doesn't even consider
raising the basic requirement above 18...  I have no problem with the limit
being 21 for "subset" meetings at bars if everyone is getting sloshed, but
please let's not raise the basic fundamental requirement! -- I am looking
forward to Tim C. being able to be a full NELUG member in the fall when he
arrives here for school.

Well I suppose I should explain.

I pretty much said it that way because it is a option.  I personally don't
think its a good option and would not vote for any sort of increase in the
limit.  I also put it there because if we do vote to reduce the limit it may
become an issue later where we might have to vote to raise the limit back to
18.  I just wanted to say that its a 2 way street.

As you know several of us have been talking "off-line" about this and I don't
think anyone wants to raise the age limit although feelings are definitely
mixed as to whether we should lower it.  I would be extremely suprised if we
had a unanimous vote one way or another and I for one will support whatever the
group decides.  Maybe my wording and initial explination of "up or down" was
not stated properly but rest assured I don't support raising the current
requirement.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/