 Organizations / United States / NELUG / 529 (-5)
  Re: Age limitations

(...) Actually, I *think* what he was suggesting was a LEGO society for all ages, not just one for under-17s. I'm kind of curious...are there other under-18 LEGO fans in the Boston area? Speak up now, please. If there's enough, then two things (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) It's ok. It's difficult to convey intentions and tone in newsgroup postings and it's easy to misinterpret. (...) The counter question is: if it's a huge fight to get her in, will the situation be healthy afterward? (...) This might be an (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) True enough! Specifically, I was referring to the fact that you're a woman, and that statistically you're in the vast minority on that qualification alone. Your nationality, too, now that you mention it, but it wasn't what I was thinking of. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) OK, so replace "what" with "who". I still don't think that changes anything. (...) NELUG's (...) I apologize that I seemed arrogant. This is not so much an attack, and I'm sorry it came off that way. But it IS a very direct and straightforward (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) A few thoughts strike me on this whole issue, and Mike's response: - There is always a possibility of someone being immature or otherwise innapropriate for a group. The issues of telling them they are no longer welcome is no easier if they are (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact