 Organizations / United States / NELUG / 529 (-10)
  Re: Age limitations

(...) Actually, I *think* what he was suggesting was a LEGO society for all ages, not just one for under-17s. I'm kind of curious...are there other under-18 LEGO fans in the Boston area? Speak up now, please. If there's enough, then two things (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) It's ok. It's difficult to convey intentions and tone in newsgroup postings and it's easy to misinterpret. (...) The counter question is: if it's a huge fight to get her in, will the situation be healthy afterward? (...) This might be an (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) True enough! Specifically, I was referring to the fact that you're a woman, and that statistically you're in the vast minority on that qualification alone. Your nationality, too, now that you mention it, but it wasn't what I was thinking of. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) OK, so replace "what" with "who". I still don't think that changes anything. (...) NELUG's (...) I apologize that I seemed arrogant. This is not so much an attack, and I'm sorry it came off that way. But it IS a very direct and straightforward (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) A few thoughts strike me on this whole issue, and Mike's response: - There is always a possibility of someone being immature or otherwise innapropriate for a group. The issues of telling them they are no longer welcome is no easier if they are (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) I'm quite certain that I never said it was fun for her. I'm also pretty certain that you're not actually reading my messages other than to find lines you can pull out of them and disagree with. I'm sorry that Shiri feels excluded. I really (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) I didn't say "*what* is cool". I said "*who* is cool". That's a completely separate issue. The actual words used may be "mature enough", but it won't feel that way to the recipient of a rejection. It's painful enough for Shiri to be rejected (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) You said it yourself; this is supposed to be fun. How much fun do you think Shiri is having sitting at home wishing she could be in NELUG, but can't, because of an age restriction. If you can find a way that could *possibly* be fun, I'd like (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) What is "cool" and "not cool" has nothing to do with it. And, as I said before, just being a third party, I feel that this is VERY arrogant on NELUG's part as a whole...I think we'd all be satisfied if this were taken case by case; have a (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) That requires us to become judges of character. It's not something I want to get into -- this is supposed to be fun. I can't see how rejecting someone with the words "you're not mature enough" are going to be fun for anyone. Saying "sorry, you (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact