Re: Use NELUG buttons and banners on LUGNET home pages.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 16:55:25 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
OK all the "TM" symbols on the NELUG home page have been set to &#8482.
If you have any problem viewing these on the home page let me know.

I might be looking in the wrong place but I still see a raw 8-bit code (#153)
instead of the HTML entity in the HTML source for the page.  The images have
real TM symbols, though.  :-)  :-)

Grrr..  This is driving me crazy now.  I just viewed my raw source on my
machine and it does indeed say ™ but when I FTP the source to the server
and open the page and view the source I see a raw "TM" symbol.  This I don't
understand.

Also, and this is more confusing, I see that some of the ® show up properly
in the source but others show a raw ® symbol.  But again when I look at my
raw source (which is generated but NetObjects TopPage) in a text editor I see
® properly for all ® symbols.

OK let me check something....

Now thats wierd, when I look at the source with Internet Explorer all the
™ and ® statements appear fine.  Its only Netscape that is replacing
them when I look at the source.

I also can't find any #153; on the Home page.  There might be some on
subsequent pages though as I have not checked those.

Man I am getting sick and tierd of the inconsistancies between supposidly
compatible browsers.  I even found another formating problem when I just
checked IE.  I usually use Netscape and usually if it looks OK there it looks
OK in IE but not always.

Oh well I'll deal,

Thanks for checking,

Eric Kingsley