Re: spinner/tilter amusement ride MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 23:01:53 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, John Neal writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Travis Kunce writes:
hey guys,

I've been dying to begin my first contribution to the NELUG group's train
layout and finally I have something to offer for the fairground portion of
the town.  After seeing the amusement rides at the last meeting, and talking
about roller coaster design all the way home from the meeting last fall, I
have been dreaming of building a G-force style, spinning and tilting ride.
Originally I planned on building a smaller radius ride where it spin the
mini-figs into the wall and the floor drops out.  Hover it seemed that was a
little too much to handle for my first amusement ride.  Instead I went with
the classic spinning tilter.  I'm glad to announce that the earliest version
is near completion.

here are the pics

Hope you like it.  Let me know what you think!

Cool design, Travis.  It would be impressive indeed to see a collection of AFOL
amusement rides such as yours all in one place!

One question-- is that a naked guy on the tilt-a-whirl???
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/elkane/Town/Spinner/still.jpg

Tsk, tsk.  Naughty Travis!  :)

Must say I like it.  Looks pretty cool.  It would be awesome if we could see
a movie of it!

-JH<