Re: Is There a Meeting Planned At All?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 00:08:21 GMT

Good to hear from you Shaun.

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:
I'd heard rumors that you were moving back to the East Coast ... is that true?
We may not be able to compete with the West Coast in terms of mechheads, but we
sure do have more mice per capita in the restaurants we frequent ...

Yeah, I'm back in Boston for the time being but work might put me in NYC in
the near future.

HEY!  Here's an idea - you should make a train car with a mech(a) on it.
Reminiscent of the Foundry pics you did - a gantry and a crane, with a mech
being transported to its destination on a flatbed car.

I was actually thinking about doing a transforming train engine, but I like
you idea.  A flatbed with a few small mechs on it would definitely be
interesting.

As for the military diorama ... I believe that just about everything that was
used in that scene is still around - at least, I know I didn't take any of my
contributions apart.  One or two of the buildings made by other people might
have been reclaimed, but there are plenty of others now available to take their
place.  So, in short: yes, the diorama is still around.  How come?

Just wondering really, I'd like to take some diorama shots with it. I've
been building more miltary stuff lately as smaller mecha:

http://www.foundrydx.com/strikedog.html

sun