Re: Is There a Meeting Planned At All?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 18:11:21 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Sun Yun writes:
Just wondering if there are any meetings planned in the near future.  I
suppose the Greenburg show has tired many of you out.

Also, I was wondering if the old military diorama used for brickwars is
still around.

Sun?

I'd heard rumors that you were moving back to the East Coast ... is that true?
We may not be able to compete with the West Coast in terms of mechheads, but we
sure do have more mice per capita in the restaurants we frequent ...

HEY!  Here's an idea - you should make a train car with a mech(a) on it.
Reminiscent of the Foundry pics you did - a gantry and a crane, with a mech
being transported to its destination on a flatbed car.

Anyway, to get to your questions: there currently isn't a regular meeting
scheduled for the immediate future, though I'd be up for one.  However, this
weekend there is te Sleigh Bll Festival at the Hynes Convention Center.  NELUG
has a train display running there, in addition to sponsoring a tree to be
auctioned off for the National Kidney Foundation.  The tree is decorated with
LEGO ornaments, and has LEGO gifts underneath it.  If you get a chance, stop by
and check it out.  If not, we should schedule a regular meeting for this month.

As for the military diorama ... I believe that just about everything that was
used in that scene is still around - at least, I know I didn't take any of my
contributions apart.  One or two of the buildings made by other people might
have been reclaimed, but there are plenty of others now available to take their
place.  So, in short: yes, the diorama is still around.  How come?

In any case, it's great to hear from you!

-s