Re: thanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 19:42:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Travis Kunce writes:
hey, to all those NELUG members that i met and didn't.

Just wanted to say that, although I was nervous about just how I might fit
into the NELUG member demographic, I was excited and inspired by meeting
everyone the other night.  It was really nice to look other adults in they
face, talk about lego, and not get the glazed over, blank stare, and near
mandatory question;  Legos?  the building blocks?

What!?!? Dou you mean *you* play with LEGO?!?! So, those 25 boxes you're
buying are for you and not for your child's birthday party?!?!?

I had a great time with
all of you and am already looking forward to the next meeting.

It was a pleasure to meet you.

Although I don't have a gazillion blocks, I'd like to formally invite anyone
to come build with me and use my blocks here in cambridge on the weekends .
Also I'd like to annouce my mindstorm carpet racer project.  The project is
a competition to create a mindstorms vehicle that can navigate
predefined/standardized racetrack as many times as possible in 2 minutes.
I'll be posting specifications and rules soon.

All right!!! The first NELUG LEGO Mindstorms challenge! Count me in.
Hopefully Chris Phillips and Joe Comeau will too (no pressure guys).

Probably some other people from the group that don't own a Mindstorm set can
join forces with those who have one and work in pairs or something, so the
most people can participate.

And people that don't want to build and/or program, can still come and watch
the competition ;-)

Thanks for getting the ball rolling Travis!

J.-
-tk