Re: My attempt at designing a layout for Greenberg
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:05:44 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jonathan Dallas writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
1.  The roads don't connect.  This is a model railroading thing, you need to
use more imagination about what is off the layout.  Townies would probably
prefer that all the roads connect.

Ick, as a townie and an architect could you just extend the road between the
factory and your main st.  All you have to do is shift two switches and
build a bridge across the gorge.  It really isn't that hard to do.  As an
added bonus the road should help pull the layout together, instead of having
these small pockets.

Speaking from our experience, people like bridges.  Bridges are cool.
Especially if they look like they're too fragile to support a train -- but
of course we know that they're plenty strong, because we built 'em!

And moving (drawbridge, bascule, vertical lift) bridges are always a HUGE
hit with the general public.

JohnG, GMLTC