Subject:
Full writeup and pictures now available (Re: NELUG at New England Home Show 2/23/02 - 3/03/02)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 02:47:28 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

OK there is a full writeup and pictures now available at

http://www.nelug.org/

All you need to know is there so I won't repeat it here.  If you have any
questions please feel free to ask.  I am sure more pictures will be on their
way soon.

Eric Kingsley

In lugnet.announce, Eric Kingsley writes:
Well I don't have a lot of time for a full debriefing but here is a little
appitizer.

NELUG was commisioned about 6 months ago to present at the New England Home
Show in Boston MA.  We were commisioned to build a replica of the new LPZ
Bridge in Boston and a Mosaic of the Boston Skyline.  We also provided bricks
for a play area.

These Pictures are fairly large at the moment sorry...

The Overall View...

http://www.nelug.org/homeshow/P2220015.JPG

The Bridge

http://www.nelug.org/homeshow/P2220025.JPG
http://www.nelug.org/homeshow/P2220026.JPG

The Bridge is approximately 17' long and 7 1/2' tall.  It is comprised of
approximately 20,000 LEGO bricks.

The Mosaic

http://www.nelug.org/homeshow/P2220019.JPG

The Mosaic is approximately 12' x 5' and represents the Skyline of the Back • Bay
section of Boston.

We here filmed by 4 local stations including the 3 major networks and "The • WB".
I know for certain that we appeared briefly on WBZ Channel 4 Boston (CBS).
Both major Boston Newspapers also took pictures and we should be appearing in
the 2/24 or 2/25 papers.

Seeing this project spans 2 full weekends and the week inbetween there is a • lot
more to happen.  There is also a lot more to be said.  We will say a lot more
when time prevents but now you have a taste.

Until I have more time....

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/