Re: NELUG at New England Home Show 2/23/02 - 3/03/02
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 04:51:51 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Well,
The WB had some Home Show Info, But did not mention us =(
However, WCVB (CH 5 ABC) had some real nice shots of the bridge, and
mosiac, and featured the NELUG name peominantly in the commentarry!!!!

Well I'm off to bed and am awaiting my brush with local fame!!

Tom D

In lugnet.announce, Eric Kingsley writes:
Well I don't have a lot of time for a full debriefing but here is a little
appitizer.

NELUG was commisioned about 6 months ago to present at the New England Home
Show in Boston MA.  We were commisioned to build a replica of the new LPZ
Bridge in Boston and a Mosaic of the Boston Skyline.  We also provided bricks
for a play area.

These Pictures are fairly large at the moment sorry...

The Overall View...

http://www.nelug.org/homeshow/P2220015.JPG

The Bridge

http://www.nelug.org/homeshow/P2220025.JPG
http://www.nelug.org/homeshow/P2220026.JPG

The Bridge is approximately 17' long and 7 1/2' tall.  It is comprised of
approximately 20,000 LEGO bricks.

The Mosaic

http://www.nelug.org/homeshow/P2220019.JPG

The Mosaic is approximately 12' x 5' and represents the Skyline of the Back Bay
section of Boston.

We here filmed by 4 local stations including the 3 major networks and "The WB".
I know for certain that we appeared briefly on WBZ Channel 4 Boston (CBS).
Both major Boston Newspapers also took pictures and we should be appearing in
the 2/24 or 2/25 papers.

Seeing this project spans 2 full weekends and the week inbetween there is a lot
more to happen.  There is also a lot more to be said.  We will say a lot more
when time prevents but now you have a taste.

Until I have more time....

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/