Re: Desperately Seeking Resolution ....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 17:04:30 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:

Hmmm,

Seems we need to decide right quick whether the plan is to meet tomorrow and
wing it to another location, or to hold off for a week or so.

Seeing that Shaun is incapable of making a decision himself (he has admitted
so previously) I will step to the plate and lay down the law (so to speek).

Baah!  Everybody knows I'm the dictator behind the scenes .. I just like to
have front men (people) to do my dirty work for me :P

First, tomorrows meeting (Thursday 11/08) is still on to help avoid confusion.

Strange, the cloud of confusion around my head has suddenly lifted.  Where oh
where have you gone, oh comforting fog?

Third, we will make a decision on where to eat then, we have several choices.
Sometime just after 7pm we will go for diner.

You know, we might want to look into Franco's - it's an Italian-esque
restaurant (same atmosphere as BC, actually) right across from the outbound
commuter rail stop (actually adjacent to the parking lot).  They have a
large-ish size dining area that we might be able to reserve given that they
usually weren't very busy at all in the 2.5 years I lived in Waltham (I don't
think I ever saw more than 4 or 5 tables in use at once during the entire
time).  And the food is *really* good (pizza, pastas, meat dishes, salads, the
whole deal), and well-priced.  Plus it's just over the bridge from TCS.  If we
can get one part of the place (and explain to them why we'd rather not be in
the main traffic area), it might be a nice substitute.  Anyway, for you local
yahoos who might consider calling to find out if they take group reservations,
the number is: (781) 893-7775

That's the only place I can think of that might be somewhat accomodating to
having MOCs.  Iguana Cafe, Watch City Brewing Co., and Cero's are all in the
same block.  Of those three, if we're going sans MOCs, I'd suggest Cero's :P

Fourth, I would suggest holding off on any huge MOC's for this meeting because
we won't have the space more than likely.

Can we get a judge to define "large" here?  How about an 8-wide locomotive and
tender?  It won't fit in a pocket, but it's not immense ... ahh, I suppose I
can at least bring it to TCS.

Fifth, I think we should have another meeting in about 2 weeks for MOC display
and because we can.

Agreed!

Sixth, Shaun should be chastised for being such a laimo (-sp?).

Shaun has successfully repelled your chistisement.  He has also refuted the
title of laimo [sic] and demonstrated himself to be quite the chap, really.

I *think* that's a good thing.

-s