Subject:
In memory of NYC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:15:14 GMT

I would like to pick up on Eric's suggestion that we do something in memory
of the tragic events that took place in New York.

There were suggestions of doing a play group for kids, but I think that
might get very complicated.

My suggestion is to dedicate our next train show to Manhattan.  I'm
picturing a layout that includes an underground subway, the WTC towers, the
statue of liberty(on its own table), and the buildings surrounding the WTC
(Nasdaq, Wall Street).  All of this to be placed on six train tables (2x3).
On the other six tables I see an above ground railroad that would include
various trains and assorted buildings from the New York area.

I know someone posted a MOC of the WTC on brickshelf.  Their model was about
six feet tall and two feet wide.  If we were to build the WTC we would
probably want to scale its size down.  Maybe 55 stories instead of 110 and
half the width that way the proportions would be the same.

I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Jonathan D.