Re: Steampunk: The Mean Tine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 05:03:56 GMT

Nice Job Evil Wayne!  As a fellow fan of all things Steampunkish, I
appreciate the look captured by Mean Time.  I especially like the look of
the boiler.

I've allways planned on posting Steampunk/Gaslight Fantasy items over in
Adventurers.  No one posts there much anyway.  :)

I've mentioned this before, but for reference, there's the Girl Genius
comics by Phil and Kaja Foglio (www.studiofoglio.com) and the Steam Age RPG
and the GURPS Steampunk sourcebook.  As for television, the Sci-Fi channel
is airing "The Secret Advenutres of Jules Verne" at like 1AM Saturdays (grr).

Steam-Powered-Sean

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Wayne McCaul writes:
My first try at the steampunk genre is the "Mean Tine".

The Mean Tine is a small attack airship suitable for short-range defense,
couriers, and privateering:

She is powered by a medium steam boiler to generate electricity for the two
main propellers that give the ship lift.

Twin airscrews in the rear propel the Mean Tine across the skies to intercept
attacking troops, ships or for quick strikes against targets of opportunity.

While, the mainstay of vessels this size is a forward-firing cannon, the Mean
Tine is equipped with an experimental "Lightning Gun" that's yet to be fully
tested:

Lightly armored, the Mean Tine is still susceptible to high velocity gravity
impacts:

Also
The boys at Kennington Boilers are always working on new and better ways to
generate power. Here's a glimpse at a new boiler in the works:

I know it's all sort of clumsy, but I'm trying for a Victorian Era feel. I'm
also not really sure what newsgroup this would belong in, but it's sort of
science fiction-fantasy...

Critique Away.

LMKWYT

Evil Wayne
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
http://www.geocities.com/legomaniac70/