Steampunk: The Mean Tine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 00:05:22 GMT

My first try at the steampunk genre is the "Mean Tine".

The Mean Tine is a small attack airship suitable for short-range defense,
couriers, and privateering:

She is powered by a medium steam boiler to generate electricity for the two
main propellers that give the ship lift.

Twin airscrews in the rear propel the Mean Tine across the skies to intercept
attacking troops, ships or for quick strikes against targets of opportunity.

While, the mainstay of vessels this size is a forward-firing cannon, the Mean
Tine is equipped with an experimental "Lightning Gun" that's yet to be fully
tested:

Lightly armored, the Mean Tine is still susceptible to high velocity gravity
impacts:

Also
The boys at Kennington Boilers are always working on new and better ways to
generate power. Here's a glimpse at a new boiler in the works:

I know it's all sort of clumsy, but I'm trying for a Victorian Era feel. I'm
also not really sure what newsgroup this would belong in, but it's sort of
science fiction-fantasy...

Critique Away.

LMKWYT

Evil Wayne
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
http://www.geocities.com/legomaniac70/