Re: Source for Akro-Mils cabinets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:10:32 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Joe Comeau writes:
I could be interested in this...is there a picture of these units?

Joe-

Sorry to take so long to respond to this.

You can find pictures of these storage centers at www.akro-mils.com.  Click on
the center category ("Home and Office") and then search for part numbers 10136
and 10523.  Those are the specific bins that people have thus far talked about
ordering.  As I have said several times, I could use about 8 (two cartons) of
10136 myself.

If you don't have any Akro-Mils bins already, all I can say is that they are
*great*.  These things combine scalability and function in a number of ways
(the bins stack well, and the drawers come in several sizes across the
category... check the whole category when you're looking at the website for a
sense of what else there is).  The Construction Site sold bins from this line
for quite a while, and the last time I was there they had some in still
(although I think they were down to the really tiny drawer models- which are
perfect for minifig accessories and Technic parts, IMHO).  The bines also come
with dividers for sub-dividing the drawers further.

At any rate, I also wanted to say that I just sent off a request for
information to the sales@po.akro-mils.com address asking what size order we
would have to put together to be taken seriously, as well as what kinds of
prices we'd be looking at.  I figure the worst they could mark them up on us
for a relatively small order would be up to the same prices we'd be paying at
retail.

As soon as I get a response, I'll be sure to post the information.  Not having
access to bins with these size drawers has been seriously holding up my sorting
project for some time now, and I would like to order some from them (if
possible) as soon as we can hammer out arrangements.

eric