Subject:
Expansion of our Train Layout...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:18:08 GMT

After the meeting last night I think the concensus was that we would like to
expand the layout by 1 table length (Add 2 tables) for the next event and then
possibly a similar expansion after that.  Because of this I am going to
submit our application for the next show with layout dimensions of 10'x15'
which is a little long but thats OK.  We can worry about getting the track and
baseplates later but I thought we should decide which direction to expand the
layout in.

Greenberg would prefer that one of the dimensions stayed in the 10 foot range.
This means that once we pick a direction of expansion we are going to live with
it unless we redesign the layout totally.

For referance here is the current layout.

http://www.nelug.org/layout/

I guess my suggestion is to expand on the Alphabetic axis rather than the
numeric axis for a couple reasons.

1.  We can extend Main Street to allow for more businesses and local government
facilities like a police station, city hall, court house etc.

2.  It gives us an area to expand/create a switching yard.  The 2 spurs in this
layout were packed at the last show and I would like things more spread out to
display rolling stock.  This is also a good area for industry and maybe a
public works facility.

The only other thing I would like to fix is the one place where we have curved
track crossing a road in the upper right of the layout.  This shouldn't be too
hard.  This just makes it easier to add a crossing eventually.

Anyway in my free time I will work on this but if others have ideas or
differences in oppinion about the direction of expansion please let me know.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/