Re: Expanded Main Street scene and Commuter Rail Station
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 23:15:02 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jonathan Lopes writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
In anticipation for the Greenburg show in 2 weeks I have expanded my Main
Street scene and created a commuter rail station.

For those familiar with my Main Street scene you will notice that the two
buildings on the left are the same while the Theatre underwent an extensive
renovation and I added a fourth building.

Here are some Pictures (For the NELUG'ers note the completed tables in back)

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/town/mainstreet2/

for referance/comparision here is my origional street scene.

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/town/mainstreet/

Second I added a commuter rail station as well.

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/town/trainstation/

This looks great!!
I think I have a train that would go nicely with the station.
I plan on expanding the fire station in my scene as soon as I get a few of
the red half arches that I won on e-bay. Hopefully before the show.

Looks great. Buildings have good architecture.  I was thinking along the
same lines with tiles for sidewalks on my city project. I thought black
would be too much though, and now that I see it, it *is* to much for my
taste. I am hoping for grey tiles to be released in bulk paks.

I agree that Grey would have been better but the black is OK.  I don't consider
all the black tiles a waist however because if they come out with Gray tiles in
bulk I will probably do my roads with black tiles with Gray sidewalks and do
away with the printed baseplates all together.

My scene has gray sidewalks, although I like the way gray looks, mine does
look a little messy, since I had to use a mixture of different sizes of
tiles since they don't make the bulk packs in gray.

Theater is awesome.

Ahhh...to have an endless supply of gray peices!! :-)

Tom D