 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 239
  Re: clearance on side of tracks

My rule of thumb is to attach 2x3 bricks to the inside of a curve's ties and make sure that the building comes no closer than that (i.e., the building is always 2 studs away from the inside curve.) The outside may require even more clearance, but I (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Re: clearance on side of tracks

(...) Interesting. I'd assert that the clearance needed on the inside is a function of the width of rolling stock and the maximum distance kingpin to kingpin (the longer a car, the more the center overhangs the inside of the curve). I'd assert that (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: clearance on side of tracks

(...) I agree, I'm leaveing 10-20 sutd on the insides. Josh (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)