 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 221
Re: Skirts for Tables at GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 12:24:33 GMT

I've heard the tales of show requiring "fire proof" skirts, but I've never
had a show here in Atlanta make that request. We did the simplest thing we
could think of and just bought some inexpensive bed sheets at Wal-Mart. I
found some nice dark green ones for twin beds (don't get the fitted
sheet..ha!) and then I cut the sheets in half long ways. This way I had a
nice hemmed edge to put along the table edge. Then we used clear push pins
to hold the skirts on.

I think the skirts make the layout look much cleaner, and it gives you a
place to store all your boxes and stuff from the public view.

Here are a few picture of the skirts (granted they're still a little out of
sorts since these pics are during set up)
http://www.ngltc.org/GRNBRG2000/image25.htm
http://www.ngltc.org/GRNBRG2000/image4.htm

Hope that helps some,

jt

--
James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club

sheree rosenkrantz <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I would appreciate any information on skirts for tables at GATS-

1)any rules or guidelines which must be followed- fire retardant?
2)style and manner of attachment to tables
3)materials and cost
4)opinions and experience on usefulness of skirts at a display
5)links to pictures of skirted tables at train shows

NCLUG/NCLTC will be displaying at GATS near the end of June.  We are
exploring the idea and feasibility of skirting our newly built PNLTC style
tables.  Any advice or detail regarding this will be helpful.

tia
sheree