 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 120
Re: NCLUG's First Exhibit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 02:21:12 GMT

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

Thanks for the pictures and the report Mike.  Everything looks good!

Who else was able to be there?  What belongs to whom?  Regret I wasn't • able
to be there . . .   [Don't know how much help I would have been - i would
have snuck off to ride the train at some point ;-) ]     How much time did
it take to unload and set up and break down and reload?

sheree

Present were myself and my son Travis, Jimmy Beerman, and a former co-worker
of mine, Chris Suich and his son.  Cary Clark stopped by briefly but had
visitors in town.  We had plenty of stuff set up so Cary decided to return
home and spend time with his guests.  Frank Filz was out of town but had
provided me with some things to display and some straight track.

Who belongs to what?

The buildings in the town were provided by Jimmy and myself.  Jimmy built
the office buildings and the row of town houses, I built the barn, church,
and row of shops.  Most of the vehicles were provided by me as well.  As for
the trains,  the black and red trains belong to Jimmy, the black and white
Metroliner-like train belongs to me, the 4561 and 4565 belong to Christopher
Suich, most of the cars on the long freight trane pictures belong to me as
well.  Frank provided a couple of cars as well.  Some stock never even made
it out of the box!

Setup took a little over an hour.  We probably should have been there (I was
a little late) earlier, we actually had people coming into the caboose
before we were ready.  Tear down took about 45 minutes, not too bad.  I was
not nearly as careful packing my stuff for the trip home as I was on the
trip out.  I was hot and tired and wanted to get home!

We'll have to do it again, Chris Suich has volunteered his new shop to aid
in the construction of PNLTC style tables.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com