  Communications dish for 'Contraption' colony.

:^) (URL) think? Will it do? That big white thing at the back is the counter weight! (the white sloped bricks and the transiever dome add quite a bit of weight) I can bring the dish more in line with the ground, but it wants pull bricks apart. I (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Communications dish for 'Contraption' colony.

(...) Very nice. Reminds me of one of the 100 somethin VLA dishs. Now you need a Jodie Foster fig sitting on it somewhere with headphones. (Contact). Good Job! Rick (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Communications dish for 'Contraption' colony.

Very cool. This will definitly work. -Jason Sidenote: I am shooting to get there at noon as well. (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Communications dish for 'Contraption' colony.

Trevor, (...) It looks awesome, Trevor. Excellent job! (...) Will that fit in your trunk? ; ) It looks really good, ar eyou going to have a staircase going up it or anything? Scott S. -- (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Communications dish for 'Contraption' colony.

(...) I was thinking about that. It is supposed to be based off the array dishes you see in Contact and 2010 (same ones in real life). :^) But we will have to keep it pointed high since the forward weight of the dish is a lot due to the bricks. Trev (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Communications dish for 'Contraption' colony.

(...) Very nice! Maybe you could use technic axle elements and connectors instead of bricks for the receiver mount? It would save some weight. (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Communications dish for 'Contraption' colony.

(...) Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'll look into it. For now though, it's perfectly balanced, and it looks rugged. Like it could withstand hurricane or somthing. I may or may not change it before the show, which is fine because at least we (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)