Re: Church milestone
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 21:16:15 GMT

Amy & All,

Some perspective...

There are 30 linear feet of exterior walls, 63 bricks tall (the Chancel is
somewhat taller), for a total surface area of 62 square feet. There are 54
corners, and at each there is a column made up mostly of 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 2x2
and 2x3 bricks. There are 3184 3x4 train windows in the walls, 48 tubs worth of
blue bricks in the floor, 69 tubs worth of red and white bricks, plus countless
Brickbay orders, in the walls, and in the whole thing there are probably enough
plates to cover my bedroom floor.

No wonder I'm broke :-)

Man, oh man! That is some collection of bricks, Amy. And I thought Chris and
myself were crazy. I hope we can see some pictures at our next meet.

< gavel banging >

"All right, everyone, let's get started. We will start with our newcomer, Amy."

<everyone>

"Hi Amy."

"Hi, my name is Amy, and I am a MichLUG LEGO maniac."

; )

Scott S.