Re: LRGOAA & MichLUG Joint Meeting?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa, lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 20:24:08 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa, Jason Spears wrote:
   Howdy all LRGOAA & MichLUG members,

Hi, hi.

   Seeing as how LRGOAA is a LEGO centric club in Michigan

We are actually LEGO Robotics centric, not LEGO in general.

   and MichLUG is a LEGO centric club in Michigan, it seemed odd (to me) that we have never met.

It is odd we haven’t met, although I would have to say that this is due to many factors. Not the least of which would be very busy and conflicting schedules.

   I’d be keen to try and organize a joint meeting. I ran this by some MichLUG members and there was interest. Is anyone in LRGOAA interested?

We’d need to figure out a date and a good location. I’m thinking May time frame, although, I would also like to mention that there is an open invitiation to MichLUG meetings. Like the one we are having on April 3rd.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG

I have to say, this isn’t the first time a MichLugger has uttered their surprise to find out that there are 2 LEGO groups in Michigan and they haven’t done anything together. I remember over a year ago on our forum one of the MichLug members made contact and quickly became quite. I got the feeling that MichLug didn’t really like the fact that we existed. However I have to say that we are strictly focused on LEGO robotics and from what I have seen and heard about MichLug you are focused on LEGO trains.

Also, it seems that MichLug tends to do “shows” with their train layouts and such and my guess is that your meetings support the upcoming show. We are the same, except we are doing competitions or challenges with meeting supporting the upcoming event.

I’ve personally never really had the interest level to carve out the time to attend on of the MichLug meetings, and I assume this is the case for the MichLug people (this is most likely the reason the 2 groups haven’t gotten together), but that isn’t to say I am opposed to a combined meeting taking place.