Re: My layout at work.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 02:13:28 GMT

Yea, I worry a little.  But not too much.  I have actually cycled through
quite a bit of Lego in my office.  It started as a small squadron of x-winfs
and y-wings.  I tore them apart and had a box of loose lego around.  That
was fun--i could build at work!  However, too many co-workers (including my
boss) seemed to think it was ok to let their kids play in my pile.

Anyway, I built them into models, and then parents were afraid of letting
thier kids touch them--lest they break! ;)  Anyway, I had a huge SW Diorama
up for awhile, then I started feeling paranoid again, so I took it down.
(Actually, you can see it here:
and
)

Then I thought.. only UCS and Technic models on my desk.  The technic I
could care less about, and UCS is nice and big and I hang it from the
ceiling.  Then the engines started falling off the RBR, and people were
complaining that Darth Maul was too scary.

So now, a train layout! :)

Oh, also I live in a small condo with an almost 2 year old.  So, all in all,
the Lego is safer at work.  My baby isn't eating it, and my wife isn't
throwing it away.  (She wouldn't ever really do that, but she might want to
if I had this much stuff displayed in the living room.)

-Alfred

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, David Koudys writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Jason Spears writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Alfred Speredelozzi writes:
So, a bit odd, but one of my co-workers wanted to use up some film.  So,
now to make you jealous, here is the layout I have at work:

-Alfred

Jerk.

:p

I could probably get away with some Lego here in my office, but not a whole
loop, running. Neato.

-Jason

Jason Spears
MichLUG - http://www.michlug.org/
Lego Page - http://www.ozbricks.com/brickcentral/

I had a Santa Fe Chief small loop set up on my desk, but every night I was a
little paranoid that it'd be gone come morning

So that was that.

Dave K