Subject:
MichLTC Show Report - 22nd Annual Railroad and Workshop Show - November 24th 2002 - Livonia MI
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 23:12:56 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

To All,

MichLTC had another great show at the 22nd Annual Railroad & Workshop Show.
It was at the Senior Center in Livonia, Michigan. It was our first setup and
tear down in one-day show, and it went superbly.

Here is the list of attendees:

Steve Ringe (Steve-2)
Jake Ringe
Steve Weiser (Steve-3)
Lester Witter
Chris Leach
Sandy Leach
Kira Leach
Evan Leach
Alfred Speredelozzi
Erik Olson
David Kohrman
Scott Sanburn
Tony Hedglen
Ken Koleda
Trevor Koleda
Larry Pieniazek
Peter Guenther
Kai Brodersen

My Pictures:

David Kohrman’s Pictures:

Peter Guenther’s Pictures:

The setup started on 8:30AM Sunday morning, Tony and I drove down from
Flint, after a few adventurers getting everything packed into the
Trailblazer and a mis-placed wallet, although we had OMLETTES for breakfast,
YUMMY!!!!! We arrived sometime around 9:15 or so. Seeing Steve Ringe’s truck
from the main road helped a lot! : )

The setup went fast, a lot of people were around to help, and thanks to
everyone, we were pretty much ready to go at 11:30, and the show didn’t
start until 12:00PM. We were in a room in the back of the building, it was
16x20 or something close, so we chose a u-shape for our layout. The children
helped a lot by walking on top of the tables, we had multiple Godzilla’s
that day. A lot of touch ups went until the show started. Although the
center where we displayed at was small, we had a lot of traffic, and met a
lot of great people and seen some cool layouts.

Here are some descriptions and pictures:

Here are some shots of the downtown area:

Chris Leach’s Fire and Police Station:

Setup Location, etc. Pictures:

Lester & Chris discuss vital issues while setting up the display:

Tony working on putting lights on his warehouse, while Larry P.’s 9V
conversion of the 7740 sits nearby, very nice, Larry!
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7740

Last minute setups as people start coming in!

The show was very warm, and most members decided to stay in the hallway, and
alternate coming in and out. We also went to lunch at Baits, a small
hamburger joint on the opposite side of the street. Everyone said it took
years out of your life, but it seemed to me like any other burger joint.
Pretty good food, chili dogs were yummy.

Here is the back of the room, a nice window overlooking Farmington Road, the
shadows here are Larry and the fan!

Hallway Picture:

Looking into the room:

Better hallway picture:

Not a lot of room inside! : )

Shot of the door and layout, with Peter looking over cool movies he shot:

Chris, Sandy, Kira, and Peter take a break:

Various Creations:

Larry Pieniazek built a really huge mountain, complete with quarry,
waterfall, dam, and tunnel for the trains. Great job Larry! : )

Here is Larry’s post about it:
http://news.lugnet.com/build/?n=12815

My GT Engines wait for a turn on the tracks, hiding behind the warehouse:

Erik Olson’s impressive factory / industrial center:

Peter Guenther’s Model of the Department 56 Santa’s Workshop, awesome Peter!
And a Sleigh launch ramp!

Kai’s Steam Engine and Larry’s John Deere Assortment:

Tony Hedglen’s Warehouse facility:

My Restaurant and motorworks store:

Here is one of my GT switchers running:

Al S’s University building 9Sorry Al, forgot the name and location!)

Peter Guenther’s New Church:

Here are some great ideas I saw on another display:

David Kohrman’s new train station – Super job David!

Teardown lasted about an hour, so it went fast, we distributed some club
material for the next show on the 27th of December, and went to the usual
place, Big Boys, for dinner. It was a great time, the display looked great,
and we all had fun. I am looking forward to the big show in January. : )

As always, feel free to respond, or to add corrections or updates! : )

Scott Sanburn
Member, MichLUG http://www.michlug.org
Webpage : http://www.scottesanburn.org
LEGO Pages: http://scottesanburn.org/legoindex.html