Subject:
MichLUG Meeting - Saturday Ocotber 5th, 2002 - MichLUG's 2nd Anniversary! : )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 23:23:46 GMT

To All,

MichLUG had its 2nd Anniversary meeting at Rick Hallman’s Church, on
Saturday, October 5th, 2002. It was a fun meeting, with a lot of creations,
drafts, and exciting comments! : )

Here is the list of attendees:

Steve Ringe
Lester Witter
Chris Leach
Sandy Leach
Kira Leach
Evan Leach
Alfred Speredelozzi
Erik Olson
Amy Hughes
David Kohrman
Rick Hallman
Scott Sanburn
Lynn Sanburn
Tony Hedglen
Jason Spears
Stefan Garcia
Stefan’s Mom
Evan (Stefan’s Friend)

We met a new person for this meeting, Stefan’s friend, Evan, please contact
me for membership information. For those of you that do not have your
membership items yet, I will get you those, I should find those keychains soon.

My Pictures:

David Kohrman’s Pictures:

My wife wanted to carpool to get to the meeting, so we met Jason Spears near
St Joseph, Michigan and drove up to Lansing. We arrived around 12:00PM,
where a few people were there already.

One of the first activities we had was to loot Jason’s bin of stuff he found
in a flea market, and it was fun. A lot of people searched, and I got some
good parts, even if Jason took most of the ones I wanted back. : (

Here are some pics of this:

As always, we have some great creations:

Rick Hallman brought his new ships, awesome as ever, Rick! : )

David Kohrman brought his beautiful Hudson’s Department Store, excellent job
David!

Al’s new Pod:

Jason Spears brought some new space fighters, great job Jason!

Jason also brought a new game he created with LEGO parts, called Cathedral,
Here are some pics:

Rick trying to take Evan out!

Steve Ringe brought a new 8W engine, great as always Steve!

Steve holding the new engine with pride:

Jason Spears Holding it, going, “If only I had one of these……”

A good shot of it from David:

More Misc. shots of it from me:

Steve Ringe’s New Auto-Open Doors for his next RoundHouse!

Stefan Garcia’s New Shuttle:

Chris Leach’s New Bank Building:

OTHER PICTURES:

David Kohrman decided to build his Bionicle Mana’s that I brought for him:

Here is the article about MichLUG that was in the Kalamazoo Paper, Stefan is
certainly looking
assertive! ; )

Al brought some sets he got at a garage sale, here is one of those:

Jason totaling up someones finds from his lot: “Should I charge him 1.00 or
1.50 for this part, Mwa ha ha!”

Rick looking around, seeing if he can score the flying car from Harry
Potter, while Chris and Lester look on, and Stefan charging to keep it:

Here is Steve looking anxiously while Jason is holding his engine, while
Erik looks like he is plotting something on his on. Must have been that
Communist shirt he wore that day! : ) Chris looks Jason’s way as well.

Can you tell the bored NLSO in this picture? My wife did not have too much
fun at the meeting, but when you have a bunch of AFOL’s around, what did you
expect?

Kira said she was bored, but not bored enough to help me sort! Tony looks on….

Here is some track Stefan set up; we ran Steve’s and his engines around.

How Tony loves cameras, while Steve Ringe plots world domination:

Steve thinks, I am good, aren’t I?

I wonder what that thing is underneath me?!

Steve packs up his cool train stuff:

Stefan’s train creations and track:

The Harry Potter car, nifty parts!

Business wise, we discussed mostly the upcoming train shows in October and
November, and what we needed to do for that.

We also drafted some 4707 Hagrid’s Hut that was on sale at Target recently,
we had a fun time, and I got a lot of good parts. Drafting is a lot of fun,
I hope more people can do it in the future.

The meeting wrapped up around 5:00PM EST, and we went our separate ways.
Jason and Lynn and I went raiding to a few different stores on the way home,
and found a few good deals. Word of warning: Never get in Jason’s way if he
finds cheap LEGO items!

Scott Sanburn
--
Member, MichLUG – http://www.michlug.org