Subject:
Is it a Pod or just a bunch of SNOT?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:52:01 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello,

So, I think I must be something of a late bloomer with these things.  I seem
to post these things near the trail end of the discussions.  Anyway, I built
a Pod.

I have described it as a Clandestine Heavy Laser.  The top portion is
deployable as an independent weapon.  (Giving the crew a better chance of
escape in a hairy situation.)  But that isn't the optimal way to use the
craft, as the crew then loses their overhead shielding.

Anyway, this was fun to build.  I meant to build a traditional pod, but then
found that I only had one 8x8 radar dish in the pile.  I have a million
more, but they were upstairs in my sleeping 2 yr olds bedroom.  Hence this
design. :)

Here is the link:

-Alfred