Subject:
Train Station Update - Less than 2 Weeks to go before Grand Rapids Michigan GATS Show!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 16:39:30 GMT

To All,

I decided to post on my continuing project to build a 3 brick high module
for my train station, since it was at GATS in Novi Michigan back in January.
This project is for the July GATS show in Grand Rapids, Michigan, as part of
the MichLTC display.

Here is the overall directory:

This update is covering the last few weeks, so bare with me:

06-21-2002

I was very happy when I took this picture, the roof, as originally built by
Tony, worked, so I didn't have to rebuild it. As you can see, I was testing
it in halves.

Here is the interior, I changed the entrance a bit, to make it sturdier.

Here is an interesting picture, I had some trouble moving the station by
myself, as you can tell, the sides started to crack, but it came through
fine, I think I was trying to get it on the piece of wood to transfer it.

Here is another shot, you can see the sides of the station were raised to
accommodate the same heighth as the front:

Here is a shot of the windows looking in. This will be the crowd side, so it
is neat to see.

Someone asked me the other day if the Shell Station is still intact. It is,
and here is the proof!

Here is a good shot of the side, you can tell I added some more gray, to
give it a more structural look to it.

06-28-2002

OK, here is the day before the meeting:

Here is the canopy base starting out. Since then, I transferred it to 4
green baseplates, but here are the picts of it:

Here is a shot from my chair to the station:

Here is the test of the roofs, I wanted to eliminate Tony's flying wing
thing, so I think I did so now.

Here is the side of the station, I will be fixing the gray stripe. But it
looks pretty good. Lynn said it made the right side look newer, and the left
older.

What mysteries await in the darkened TRAIN STATION?!

What's really funny is that I had to go into the station later to get the
parts! : )

The last area to tackle!

07-02-2002 (This morning)

Here is the start of the train shed, Lynn will be building this, the start
of it was done by me. : )

What? Scott cleaned out that part of the station!!

Here is the side again, it is pretty much completed now. The interior
shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.

Here is a shot of the interior, you can see that I put doors on each side to
represent a tunnel where the train people can get from the station to the
middle there. If I do a subway station, this will actually be built, as
opposed to dummy doors.

I put some lighting into the wall here:

Here is the other side, where the control room will go:

Here is the new canopy roads, I decided to use black (my white tiles are
getting thin) and to put a yellow stripe on it. I thought it might be neat
to see it black, meaning they just completed it. If I have time, I might
have some workers digging on a part for construction. I can do that now
since I have a module to dig into. : )

Here is another shot of the the canopy, I need to fix the old canopy and
front to make way for the new.

Here is a shot of the side of the front of the train station, where I am
going to modify the front windows and change the monorail per Steve Ringe.

The monorail in limbo:

In the news today, several injuries were reported as the Bricksburg Union
Station had a structural failure on the monorail track running through the
building......

Here is the last picture, where you can see the stripe that will be changed,
and the last structural member to fix:

That was a long note! LMKWYT!

Scott S.