Subject:
Train Station Update - 06/17/2002 - GATS Changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 20:04:18 GMT

To All,

Well, the station area is getting there. I think I should be in good shape.
Lynn was very helpful this past week and weekend, I think she even realizes
I need help (I think everyone knows I need help, but I am referring to
getting ready for GATS ; ) )

Here are the latest pics:

We did a lot this past week, took down my tables, put up the club tables,
put the layout down again, transferred the front half of the station to the
module floor, and started working on the destroyed half. I am not sure yet
if it will be the same or not, still too early.

Lynn actually finished the switches, and getting them torn up per Steve R.
way. She got them down to about a minute each. Wow! : )

Here are some descriptions:

This is the front half, as you can tell, I forgot about the corners, but
that is an easy fix. I fixed up the colors as you can tell, blue and yellow
grass is not a good thing to see.

Here is a close up, as you can tell, I need to modify the front for a better
canopy, it was bad last time. I will also need to fix the front, the doors
did not transfer well, and we lost a few bricks. But Lynn did this herself,
so that was cool (She LOVED transferring tiles)

Here is a shot of the other half, I transferred a lot of bricks to make room
for the black underneath the train tracks, and I made sure it was 10 wide to
accommodate the 8 widers out there (You know who you are)I also got the
grass green. The biggest HPA was moving the Duplo blocks underneath to make
sure it fits when I redid the colors. Ugh!

Here is a shot of my starting on rebuilding the structure, I made sure the
garage doors where working, and made sure the train entrances were 14 bricks
high!! so 8-wides can fit. I am unsure what this will do in terms of the
roof, I figure I will work on that later. : ) I am going to put a fake
staircase going down to the underneath of the station, so that it appears
that workers can access the middle platform from the office or whatever. If
we can figure out how to drop the station so I can put in a subway thing,
that will be cool as well. I might even redesign the whole thing, we shall see.

Here are the wires coming out, and the controllers and some of the pole
reversers, I could not find half of them, so I am sure they are around
somewhere, but I started working on the final wiring. I have 1 switch house
to build, and to wire up one more of them. But almost done. : )

Here is a shot of the whole layout, I have a temp bridge up for the train
station until I am ready for it.

OOPS! I was playing with the ramp down to the main lines, making sure that
the slope was fine, and got the train stuck on the bottom. Lynn went over
and put the train back on the track, and I started it up the ramp, and I
didn't see the last two cars were off, and one hit the switch%20house and
down it went!

Here's a to-do picture, the two lines for the shed, and the other two open,
for the diesel fuel and the sand fillers. I am not sure how much I can do
here, I am still playing a little with it.

Here is a closing picture, of the temp bridges. : )

We shall see how far I get this week.

Scott S.