Re: Rebel Blockade Runner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 01:11:21 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Steven D. Weiser writes:
Well everyone, I did a foolish thing this past weekend and picked up a Rebel
Blockade Runner. I could not really afford it and I had not gone to TRU with
the intention of purchasing it. I was looking for the new smaller Star Wars
sets. With arms full of all the small sets, I suddenly heard that little
voice in the back of my head. "Go back the way you came in". At first I
thought it was telling me not to buy any new sets. So I put everything back
where I found it and headed toward the enterance I came in. And there it
was. Bigger than life and screaming to me. "BUY ME, BUY ME". Oh well.
$200.00 and
8 hours later, it was completed. Minus the ruined decals that were crushed
beyond use from the weight of the parts in the box. LEGO is sending me a
replacement sheet. This model is big and fairly heavy, but looks awesome. I
wish it had a few more features though. So much for eating in May.
Chris, I still have that TIE Interceptor whenever you are ready. Let me
know. I could really use that $60.00. Later.

8 hours?  Wow.  I've had the same impulse buying experiance but never with a
set that expensive.  Looks awesome but I can't afford $200 for one set :(
David and his clearance hopes...

David Kohrman