Re: Meeting on March 2nd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 20:30:46 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, John R. Beck writes:
Hello all,

I'd like to go to this meeting on Saturday.  Would my children have a good
time there(ages 8&5)?  Is there stuff for them to do?

John

Stuff for them to do... Yes and no.  As a rule we don't normally go out of our
way to provide activities for the youngsters.  Some of the members bring their
kids to meetings and they do whatever kids normally do.  Now on occasion Chris
has brought a BUNCH of track and setup a little layout on the floor for his and
other's kids to play with.  Also he has brought along a large tub of random
bricks to them to build with.

Him... I don't know if that answers your question.  Let me try again.

- There will not be any specified activities for them.
- Some other members sometimes bring their kids, so there maybe other
youngsters for them to play with. (Does anyone already know they are definitely
bringing their kids?)
- There will be lots of Lego creations around, but only a few will be allowed
for touching. This may be extremely tempting to some kids.
- The kids that have come seem to enjoy themselves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope that answered your question, although if another member with kids would
like to pipe up and help me out I would appreciate it.

Question to the group - Who has the K8 and would it be appropriate to have it
at the meeting? (I actually have a few things that I have sorted out, and will
be donating to it, next time I see it.)

Fumbling,
Jason

Jason Spears