Subject:
Saturday Meeting Minutes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 00:35:41 GMT

Hello hello!
    Saturday Oct 20th was another day for the well Michlug meetings. :D
Okay. This is my version of the meeting today.
    Me and my friend DJ got there at 11:30am and started to set up. We got
annoyed by some of the kids that were there for Bible Bowl, but didn't worry
about it. My other friends showed up for Bible Bowl too. We set the VCR for
the blurb about GATS and waited for people. At 1205, Jason Spears showed up
with three buildings for January's GATS show in Novi. He had a nice Blue
building approx 4 stories tall, IIRC, a nice duplex building, and another
small office building. Peter Guenther showed up next while me and Jason
hauled in buildings. He had a impressive castle monastary, an Inn, and his
McDonalds. He brought some train cars as well, including a cute one with a
captive T-Rex. Next was Chris Leech and bunch, he brought a load of stuff as
usual :). He came with his wife and kids. He set up a train for the kids and
showed off some more old old old sets. Tony Hedglen showed up at 1210 and
had an impressive logging camp. Complete with floating logs and turning
water wheel. Lester Witter showed up at 1230, and Scott Sanburn showed up 20
minutes later. Scott dropped off some orders from his TSSC site, and we hung
out some more. Larry P. (murders the name so won't try) showed up at 1320
and broguht in some stuff and hinted at a game... at 1330, J. Spencer
Rezkella showed up with his outstandingly marvelous F-117A Stealth Fighter
model. it was a jaw dropper there. At 1340, Steve Bliss showed up with some
surprises. Tim Courtney to be precise and Ondrew Hartigan. Tim brought his
Laptop and showed pictures of his destroyer, he brought his Harrier model
too. Nice jet :). At 1415 Kai Brodersen showed up with his Ore Dock.
Impressive. When we noticed Trevor and Steve Ringe were not coming, we
started to talk about MichLUG/LTC shirst for the GATS-2002-January show. We
settled on a Schwinn-styled logo with Michigan Lego Train Club in a circle
around it if I remember. We also talked about the layout of the January
show, a K8 table, and other club stuff. We cracked into the cake I brought
at 1610, and it was devoured quickly... hmm... at about 1645 we started to
listen to Larry and his game. we had to sort to gain a place for the game,
and then we chose parts, but he said Bump if it was something he wanted and
we got to choose two of another, and if he says bump three of another and so
on. That was okay i guess. We then started to work on getting packed up and
everyone started to leave and we were all gone by 1930. Overall we had 17
people show up:
Rick Hallman
  DJ Carter
Jason Spears
Peter Guenther
Chris Leech (I cannot remember your kids names, sorry!!!)
  Wife
  Kid 1
  Kid 2
Tony Hedglen
Scott Sanburn
J. Spencer Rezkella
Steve Bliss
  Kristen? Kirsten?
  Jamie
  Kid 2 (forget name)
Ondrew Hartigan
Tim Courtney
Larry P.
  Kid 1
Kai Brodersen
Lester Witter

We had fun. We laughed we teased Chris. It was a blast. Need to do it again. :)

Rick "who probably misspelled SOMEONES name" Hallman