Re: Life goes on
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 18:54:18 GMT

Dave & All,

What are you doing in MichLUG Dave!? ; )

In fairness, though--the religious debate arose out of a question
regarding the tragedy.  If one cannot discuss religion at such an ultimate
moment, when should it be discussed?

I never said you could not, I just offered my observations on debate to the
audience, as it was, in light of what happened last week. People from
MichLUG can attest to that before, and my reasoning.

And anyway--I thought you didn't read OT.Debate anymore?  8^)

Well, I have not for a long time, but it seemed to keep popping up last
week, and this week, after recent events, and I followed some of the
threads, to see how people responded. I don't post anymore to debate,
outside of trying to get discussions there so I don't have to see them in
groups where stuff like that should not be. There are many reasons why I
don't, and these last week re-enforced them again.

Last night I pulled the roof panels off my church and climbed inside for the
first time in months. Let me tell you, it's uncomfortable kneeling in there
in shorts. I'll tile the floor of the next church :-)

I can't imagine the size of building it would be if I had to get into it! ; )

Truly!  I seem to recall some discussion of its planned dimensions long
ago, and it seemed quite amazing at the time.  I had completed a good bit of
a church large enough for me to crouch within, but I had no resources to
complete the roof, so I wound up disassembling it.

Getting back on topic, Amy is an amazing builder, and she continuously
amazes me everytime I see her in action. She is an extraordinary builder,
and I am for one glad she is part of MichLUG!

I think the next challenge for Amy is to big a church big enough to
accomodate Larry and myself, comfortably. But I think we would have to raid
TLC for that!
; )

Scott S.