Re: GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 16:16:57 GMT

However GATS (Great American Train Shows) is a company that puts on a train
show or two just about every weekend of the year, *somewhere* in the US. So
US LTCs have started exhibiting at shows local to them. This is win win as
it draws crowds to GATS, GATS pays a small appearance fee and the LTCs get
to show off their stuff and meet potential new members.

*snip*

Expect to see lots more of these sorts of GATS show reports from this and
other clubs, the ball is starting to pick up momentum. I think GFLUG has a
GATS show this weekend IIRC.

Don't forget that word is getting around the GATS organization, that LEGO
Train layouts are a very popular with the general public, especially with kids!

I would think that if a group approached *any* GATS show organizer and said
"we've got a LEGO Train layout we'd like to show", GATS would bend over
backwards to find space for them.  And if you've displayed with them once,
they'll want you back every year!

JohnG, GMLTC