Re: Lester Scores a Shell POP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 13:32:06 GMT

Lester & All,

Last week I was driving through Indianna and found the big shell sets at the
Shell station at the Plainesville (Plainefield?) exit. (Frist exit on south
bound I-70 after Indianapolis).

Were you in the north part of Indiana?

The manager/owner who was standing next to the clerk said: "Yes I know people
collect these things, do you want the signs". He took me arround back to a
storage room and gave me a box marked "LEGO Shell Promo II, POP Kit) (POP =
Point of Purchase). This was the entire promotional display kit except for
the cardboard display case for the small sets and maybe one of the posters.
I now have 3-4 of the "LEGO, details inside" signs including stands, a bag
with 3-4 cloth LEGO flags and a bunch of promo specific posters. I will
bring all of this to the next meeting and the Club can have the signs and
flags (I may keep one). I do not collect posters and such so anyone can have
them.

Cool! I need some LEGO decorations for my basement! : )

Scott S.