Subject:
lego outlet in windsor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 15:45:58 GMT

Hey fellas, I stopped in at Lego Bricks & Blocks yesterday, the Lego Outlet
here in Windsor.

Prices for boxes of straight or curved train track:

18.99$ Canadian = about 12.75$ US depending on the exchange.
You have to add 15% sales tax, so that's about 14.66 $ US after tax.

Now, if you order from Lego Shop at Home:

The latest catalog (which arrived here this past week) has straight and
curved track sets selling for 12.99$ US.  I assume that sales tax is already
covered in that, or they add the sales tax onto it when you order.  But, if
you add 4.50 $ shipping and handling (up to 20$ order) then one box is more
through shop at home than through the canadian outlet.  But that goes mostly
for small quantities.  It's really up to you.  If you want to buy a few
hundered dollars of track all at once, it may be a bit cheaper through Shop
at home.  But if you are on a budget and want to buy just a few boxes, get
it here next time you're in Windsor.

Overview of store:

It's small.  It has track and a few trains, bulk blue and red tubs, and all
the main sets.  There are mark downs on many of the smaller star wars sets
(couple of bucks) since they are on sale in the regular stores.  But the
Arctic base was full price.  Uggh!  They did have the new Jurassic Park III
studio sets, (mostly the big ones), and they also had a few of the new
studio polybag sets in which you can get a mini-dinosaur.  Plus watches and
some gear.  NO OPEN BULK BINS TO SIFT THROUGH!! AARGGHH!!!  Geez, the who
POINT of these stores is to have open bulk bins with, like, pink or sand red
parts that you can take as many handfulls as you want!  :^(  THAT would have
been a treat!  I guess I'll have to wait till my next big trip to LegoLand CA.

So that's the scoop!

~Trev