Re: E-Mail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:31:52 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Kai Brodersen writes:
EVERONE!

One June 16, at 2:39 p.m.  a message was sent out to all the people in my
address book by mistake.  I told people who e-mailed me back that this was a
computer bug.  Well until I could figure out the problem I called it a
computer bug.

I figured out the culprit after I read the sent items folder in my outlook
express.  Please excuse me for the fact is, my Dad, yes my dad who is living
in my house, flesh and bones sent that out to the whole address book, for he
thought it would a "good idea".  He failed to realize that certain people
here think the George Bush is their godsent and responded quite "nicely",
although some people were very understanding, thank you Larry.

I thought it was a virus at first. But I forgot you and your father share
one account. You may want to look into getting a different email account for
yourself, there are several providers that give you free mail that is
accessible over the web or via a mail program like Outlook express (not
saying it's the best choice, it just happens to be one that I know of that
works... I use Outlook for my main mail and express for voyager)

If your father doesn't understand why sending spam to everyone in his
address book is a bad idea, he may want to do a bit more research. Although
it's farfetched, some ISPs have turned off people's accounts if they do it
repeatedly...

Hope that helps.

++Lar