Re: A LUGOLA "chapter" (was Re: Bridge Study the 13th)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:20:06 GMT

I like the idea of calling it SDLUG better :) There are too many
SANs, especially in California IMHO.

Anyway, I think that would be a great idea, as it's difficult to
get the San Diego folks up to LA more frequently.

Does that mean all the San Diego meetings will be held at LLCA? ;)

That would convince some of us Angelos to attend. :)

Anyway, that would be fine for the meeting. :)

-Anne

This one time, Adrian Egli wrote:
Thnks for the bridge complement :)

Now onto the San Diego LUG idea.  At the last LUGOLA meet, we spoke about ideas
of LUGOLA's future and one I've been thinking over for a while now is for SanLUG
(as I call it) to be a LUGOLA "chapter".  The AFOL population is very big and
diverse (LUGOLA, SCLTC, SPLTC, and now SanLUG) in So Cal but unity is... (Help
me out gang.)

I'm thinking of rather than make SanLUG all its own, it would be a LUGOLA
"chapter" but go under the name of SanLUG; a part of LUGOLA aimed at AFOLs in
the San Diego area.  There are a lot of things that would need to be worked out
but it's something I think could work.

The next LUGOLA meeting is the 26th in Altadena.  (OK. So it's a long drive from
home.) Interested in going?

Adr.

--
I always said I wanted to be   (\`--/') _ _______ .-r-.
somebody. Perhaps I should      >.~.\ `` ` `,`,`. ,'_'~`.