Re: Legoland Shopping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 00:32:04 GMT

I went to Legoland about 6 months ago with the specific intent to buy bulk
bricks.

You do NOT have to pay admission if you get a shopping pass (good for 30
minutes).  These are available at the guest relations booth at the entrance.
(They'll hold your credit card number--if you don't make back in the alotted
time, they'll charge you admission).  Plus, if you buy more than $20 you'll get
your parking refunded.

However, when I got there the bulk bricks shop wasn't open.  Previously it was
located in front of the model shop, but it was moved to the Mania Clubhouse,
which was under construction/refurbishment.  (I found this out after inquiring
a park employee).  I told them that I just drove down from LA and was gonna buy
several hundred dollars worth of bulk bricks.  They made an exception and sold
me the items (I bought 10 lbs., and they extended my shopping pass another 30
minutes).

The bulk bricks are sold by the 1/4 lb.  The selection at the time was similar
to what David Schilling reported, with some minor additions/changes--the parts
you're after weren't available.  Note that they might have been recently
updated.

My advice, call before you go.  Ask them if the bulk store is open.  You might
try asking for a menu of the selection, but don't expect any reliable
communication when dealing with such "technicalities", from their perspective.

All this said, I think Brickbay might be better suited for your purposes.

-Henry