Re: Bulk sales at Legoland: a COMPLETE REVERSAL of fourtune!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 02:36:25 GMT

mfuss903 wrote:

Well, I went back to LL today, [...] when I asked the MC what colors
they had her reply was "we only sell the colors you see in the
bins in front of you" I looked at the bins, all basic colors
(well most of the basic colors - not all plus tan and i think orange).
[...]
I told her I got pink bricks there on Wed. and the MC told me they sold
every color [...] But todays MC told me the girl on Wed was
new and sold me and a few othes bricks that belonged to the masterbuilders!

I believe they told you the truth, as the rules go. The strict
interpretation (as I understand)* calls for not allowing *any*
non-current elements to go to any "regular folks" for any reason. That
includes outdated elements and colors, new element shapes, special
colors, limited production stuff for internal use by Futura developers
and model builders, etc.

The older elements and colors, even though they were in retail sets at
one time,  are unlikely, if at all, to be produced soon by TLC (there
may be a six-month cycle even when they do), so the builders probably
need to hang on to what supply they have left.

If I remember your list of pink element types correctly, those were
available at one time in retail sets. Because I can't think of any
current sets with light pink elements, it seems to fit the rule. Those
have been gone for quite a long time.

[...] I was really let down today also!
I am not sure if I should feel cheated I did not get more on Wed - or
if I should be happy I got as much pink as I did!

I think you should feel lucky.  :-)
Thanks, btw, for telling us about the experience. I hope some day we
AFOLs will be able to order stuff like that.

as a side note, where I was, such elements couldn't even be thrown in
the trash.

-Suz

* Of course at LL CA there may be exceptions, or a change of rules, or
different rules all together. I really can't know for sure.