Re: Next Meeting - I'll make a decision this weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 03:19:30 GMT

Hmm - With the cost of LEGO, I think it would be a LOT cheaper to go with
the concrete.

Speaking of that, they poured the concrete today, so that gets a big part of
the work out of the way.  They still have to finish two walls, put in the
sprinklers and the plants.  If we get two rain-free days (as is predicted),
they could make a lot of progress towards that.

Scott Costello <scottcos@spamfree.aol.com> wrote in message
Forget the concrete and landscaping materials, lets just get a bunch of
green baseplates and line the entire yard. Imagine the city you could • build,
granted it wouldn't be much fun to walk on. If you want a pond, no problem
just get some blue baseplates. Need ducks on your pond, or a foutain? • Build
them. Don't plant flowers, build them. Now with brown service packs you
could even build a tree. Just imagine the possibilities.

Scott

In lugnet.org.us.lugola, Brad Hamilton writes:
But we need the concrete - Otherwise, the LEGO will sink into the mud!

I suppose we could use some cheap immitation LEGO as a foundation!

Hmm - an outdoor LEGO city would be cool, but I bet that it wouldn't last
too long.  Plus, I'd be afraid of someone stealing my LEGO!