Re: Table skirts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 19:11:10 GMT

I was thinking that we needed to skirt the show tables with some material.
I've been checking some postings on what other groups are doing, and have
sconsidered purchaing disposable or permanent skirts for our club shows.

What do y'all think?  I'm going to have to work up something quick...

Ed

I have thought about table skirting also, but have not gone any further than
that.  I am not in a position to expend cash for something like that at the
moment, so I will have to leave it up to others.  The cost for such can be
taken directly from our guarantee income for the show.

I have no preference for what you come up with; my only recommendation would
be for Green or Black or other drab, dark color.
If you know someone who can do some simple sewing, I suggest checking out
fabric shops for inexpensive cloth.  Another alternative is to buy
inexpensive bed sheets and modify them as needed.

Here are some references:
http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=11305
http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=6776

I also gleaned the following from the ILTCO message board:

Apparently there is a common formula out there that people allege works
http://about-the-web.com/shtml/reports/09-044.shtml
and
http://www.make-stuff.com/formulas/fireproofing.html

both sites have the same exact contents!!! someone cribbed the formula and
it's getting spread around. (I found this using "fireproofing cloth" as the
search term.)

- start excerpt-

FIREPROOFING CLOTH
Into 3 pints water mix

1 cup ammonium chloride (available from drugstore or chemical suppy house)
1/2 cup ammonium phosphate (available from a garden supply store)
Soak cloth well and let dry.
This preparation can be used for clothing, tents, awnings and other
textiles.