Subject:
And So This Is Christmas...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 01:17:47 GMT

Well, it's 8:00 pm now.  Just settling down with the family, and decided to
wish everyone a Merry Christmas and such.  Thought you'd all like to hear my
haul. :)
    <Long Drawn-out mode>Well, the story really goes back about three weeks,
when I gave my Mother my LEGO x-mas catalogue with various odds and ends
circled.  The order went in, everything was cool.  The bank statement came
last Thursday, the check hadn't gone through the account.  My Dad, fit to be
tied, called S@H for an explanation of where the package was and why we
hadn't been billed.  Well, come to find out, the order was typed into the
system by an overflow operator, but wasn't entered, and therefore, never
really ordered.  My Dad is a hot-under-the-collar type of guy, and blew-up
at the woman.  Well, the package was sent, free overnight delivery, and was
on it's way...My parents didn't receive it until late Sunday night, but
still stuck with the story that LEGO hadn't sent the order.</Long Drawn-out
mode>
    This morning, under the tree, I received two sets, neither I asked for.
:)  If we ever do have a train-show, count me in for a METROLINER and CLUB
CAR!!!!
    Speaking of Train-shows, any word on Binghamton, Ed?  Did we ditch it?
    I am ecstatic.  I hope that your Holidays were Merry and Bright, and
that maybe you had snow.  We did, 3.5 inches on the ground as I speak.

Happy Ho-Ho-Ho!
-John Rudy