Subject:
First Meeting success 9-22-2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 00:19:50 GMT

I first want to thank all who were able to show up...

The following members were able to come out and finally meet in person.

Dave Amos
Kevin Salm
Wayne Sardullo
John Rudy
Ed McGlynn

Not sure if Nicole or the family was there, we kept a look at but didn't see
them. I hope we did miss you..

#1 First order of business covered was issues Web Pages... (yes they are up)
just have a few links that need to be Fixed..
(Dave)-- those links are  ABS Central (my Site) you have a https:(Drop the"s")
The Drumm Family's site    http://www.geocities.com/duelarcane1  (has a 1 now)

#2 We talked about future and what we can do for displaying a layout.
From the briefing we have the trains covered. (looking for Buildings (all
kinds) Towns, Castles, Space....
(will be our next topic for major discussion)
Ed mentioned a place local to his area where we might want to try oue first
display.

John Rudy had to leave early but we were all glad he was able to come out.
Thanks John

#3 Displayed some our work  Ed Showed us is green train and cars. Very nice use
of pieces and colors. He also showed us his automated train crossing, Nice
sweet and simple... (Bravo Ed)

I then took our all my Train MOCs ......

We talked about various (next ideas gave me some ideas)

#4 Kevin Whipped out some older Catalogs (WOW that brought back some memories.)
Kevin also brought some items  that he was willing to sell. He also had an
activity for us that was a (See if You Know) I did poorly but you can see the
activity, Kevin said he would post it up for us after I posted this message.

Ed also had to leave but before he left we had one more order of business and
that was of the BUY/TRADE/SALE

I have a small list of things from everybody except John R. John if you can
send me a list and I will post it on LUCNY with the others so we can let
someone know we have/want what someone else needs..

Wayne's List

Bottom and top pieces for the red micromotor(9v)
#7815  Sleeper Car from Old Trains
--------------------------------------
Ed's List

White Rubber bands
Grey 1x1 disk plates
Lattace doors (any Color)
Technic Couplers white/red  used for train crossings
1x-any length white bricks
1x-any length black plates
--------------------------------------
Dave's List

Dock 16x16 plates grey or dark grey (none Slope)
2x2 grey tiles
45 degree slopes for building roofs (Kevin pointed out LS@H still might have
the fancy roof kits avail.
Blonde girl minifig hair
TAN or BROWN bricks
Kevin's List

1x1 clear plates
2x8 brick Decrotive with fire symbols
2x4x3 verticle windows  (Trans blue or Clear)
grey dumper body for town construction

#5 Discussed getting some personal stickers for our
MOC's

Kevin is looking for something personal for his gas station/ tankers

PetroJet..   I am working on that along with the possible
LUCNY Stickers. for TRAINS... and various other things...

That was the bulk of stuff we covered.. Next meeting I am going to see if we
can get it in the Lounge area up stairs where its quieter and we can have some
more room... or other locations that are close...

I want to thank everyone who came out it was a pleasure to meet everyone and
can't wait until the next time.

Cheers,
Wayne